Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teacher Tech for cheap


So we all love technology and technology that helps us teach is even better right? Problem is technology costs money, something that schools and teachers have less and less of.  I am blessed to be at a school that recently was able to get lcd projectors and ELMOS for every classroom last year but that was a long time coming and there is little money for other tech goodies like Smartboards or IPads. Here is my list of Cheap Tech and Macgyver Tech in order of what I think you should get first. Hope this helps some of you add some tech to your school rooms. :)

LCD Projector

The main tech tool I use every day is my LCD projector and they can be very expensive but since they have been around for years it is easy to find them on ebay for cheap. The main thing is to find out if you can still get the bulbs for the model. It might not be the newest and best but it will get the job done. 

Cheap Document Camera

Here are 2 options if you do not have an ELMO or similar document camera. I made one like the video below and it worked great and took up less room then my ELMO does :)





Smartboard alternative with a Wii remote


This is my favorite thing once I had a projector and is AWESOME! Here is a great site that you can get everything you need including info about how to set things up http://teachwithtech.com/

1 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I just bought stuff to make a smartboard, too. Can't wait to set it all up!
    ✿Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete

 

Transitional Kinder with Mrs. O Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design